Have a question about FUSILEV?
By Phone: 1-877-FUSILEV
- Option 1: Customer Service
- Option 2: Medical Information/Adverse Event Reporting
- Option 3: Reimbursement Support/STAR® Program Information
- Option 4: Contact a Sales Representative
- Option 5: Clinical Trial Information
By Email: FUSILEVsupport@sppirx.com
Indications and Usage
FUSILEV is a folate analog indicated for:
- Rescue after high-dose methotrexate therapy in osteosarcoma.
- Diminishing the toxicity and counteracting the effects of impaired methotrexate elimination and of inadvertent overdosage of folic acid antagonists.
- Use in combination chemotherapy with 5-fluorouracil in the palliative treatment of patients with advanced metastatic colorectal cancer.
Limitations of Use
- FUSILEV is not approved for pernicious anemia and megaloblastic anemias. Improper use may cause a hematologic remission while neurologic manifestations continue to progress.
Important Safety Information
- FUSILEV is contraindicated for patients who have had previous allergic reactions attributed to folic acid or folinic acid.
Warnings and Precautions
- Due to Ca++ content, no more than 16 mL (160 mg) of levoleucovorin solution should be injected intravenously per minute.
- FUSILEV enhances the toxicity of fluorouracil.
- Concomitant use of d,l-leucovorin with trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole for Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in HIV patients was associated with increased rates of treatment failure in a placebo-controlled study.
- Allergic reactions were reported in patients receiving FUSILEV.
- The most common adverse reactions (>50%) in patients with advanced colorectal cancer receiving FUSILEV in combination with 5-FU were diarrhea, nausea and stomatitis.
- Vomiting (38%), stomatitis (38%) and nausea (19%) were reported in patients receiving FUSILEV as rescue after high-dose methotrexate therapy.
- FUSILEV may counteract the antiepileptic effect of phenobarbital, phenytoin and primidone, and increase the frequency of seizures in susceptible patients.
Please click here to see full Prescribing Information for FUSILEV.